Welcome to my third blog post. Sorry for the missed blog post from last week. I was stuck over an issue which kept me occupied. With the help of community I finally got over it. I had to calculate an address by adding a value taken from another register to the base address. This led to a typecast issue. Due to huge number of steps required to generate interrupt I didn't suspect the problem to be where it is initially. In this post I'll detail my steps on how I found out where the problem was.
Six weeks have passed since I started my journey of coding with ReactOS. It was a wonderful time full of learning, coding, and fun.
In terms of productivity, this week was not that great as compared to weeks before. But I can say it was an essential decision making and learning week.
You may wonder why this post is not labeled "Volume 3". Well, thanks to the training week of the military dept. of our university this week wasn't very productive in terms of features. Nevertheless, this short post is here to keep you updated.
Hey there! 0/
Last time you must have seen some snapshots of where the QuickLaunch has reached. Seeing the UI and some functionalities in the snaps must have given you a feeling that it's complete and finished. But, Nah... a lot of work is left, besides debugging so that Dr. Watson would finally be free of his postmortems!! XP
I won't lie; it's been a slow week, feature-wise.
I guess you could say that last week was all about finding and fixing bugs and errors with the driver. During the first half of the week, I upgraded my automated tester to test file creation, and I fixed a couple of bugs it turned up. I used the second half of the week for addressing issues raised by CR-123.